Clubhouse is an audio-based social media app where people from around the world come together to talk, listen and learn from each other in real-time.
Clubhouse was launched in March 2020 and become quite popular in a short time, even though it is still in beta (01/02/2021). This means it can only be used on iPhone at this time and you need an invite to get in.
When I first heard about it, I didn’t feel like it would be something for me since I’m a very visual person. Social media without the option the share images and videos!? Noooooo! ;p
And also > Clubhouse conversations aren’t scripted or recorded – meaning if you miss an important conversation, you’re out of luck! Hmmm… I was already feeling the FOMO. ;)
After I first heard about it, I started seeing more people using the app and I started to get curious. But I didn’t have an invite…
Clubhouse is all about networking so I don’t find it a coincidence I got in thanks to my network. On January 22nd, the amazing Indian artist Charuka Arora, who I’ve met in the inspiring Art Queens community shared that she got in and had 2 invites! YaY!
I made my account and was immediately hooked. Check out the video for my review after my first week.
The benefits I see up until now:
- Networking with people from all over the world
- Learning from experts in marketing, business, art, bio hacking, holistic living, …
- An exercise in speaking and making your point
- Discovering interesting people in your field and in general
- My Instagram engagement & reach went up because it’s possible to link your accounts.
Will you like it?
- Yes, if you are into marketing and business talk
- Yes, if you want to grow your network and build connections
- Yes, if you are willing to share your story and what you’ve learned
- Yes, if you are open to hearing the opinions of many
In this first week I’ve been in rooms with art collectors and gallery owners, millionaires, billionaires, small entrepreneurs, famous educators and inspiring people from all over the world and I love it.
In a time where bars, restaurants, and meeting people in real life aren’t an option this app makes me feel connected again. I am curious to see how it evolves and how much I’ll like it when the newness wears off…
If I stay as enthusiastic as I am now, I’ll add more information to this post in the future so do come back. :)
Or follow me on Clubhouse!? Find me on @kathleensteegma
Hope this helped you in deciding whether or not Clubhouse is for you.
Have a great day or night,
Download and register your username: https://www.joinclubhouse.com